We are always on the lookout for quality espresso machines to review for our users and the BELLA 13683 Espresso Maker really deserves a mention.
Below we cover a summary of the BELLA 13683 Espresso Maker, pro’s and con’s and buying thoughts about the maker.
BELLA 13683 Espresso Maker Summary
This is in our opinion probably one of the best machines you can get your hands on, this is an ideal machine for anyone who is shopping for an espresso maker on a bit of a budget. It’s quite a simple machine so don’t expect any flashing lights/impressive add on features but it does get the job done of making a very good espresso without denting your bank account.
Here is some features of the machine;
- You can make Latte’s, Cappuccino’s and Espressos with the touch of a button on the machine.
- Total of 4 cup capacity.
- Constant high pressure (5 bars).
- Easy to use steam feature so you can heat/froth milk quickly.
- Removable cover and drip ray so can be cleaned easily.
Pro’s and Con’s of the BELLA 13683 Espresso Maker
- It gets the job done and quickly.
- Steam wand has good placement and is long enough to steam small amount of liquid in the cup.
- Very quick and easy to use.
- Can easily make other hot drinks such as Latte’s and Cappuccino’s.
- The ON light is not very bright so can easily forget to turn it off.
- ON/OFF Switch is small and quite hard to turn.
- No tamper included.
If you do have a slightly higher budget available then we highly recommend the: Nespresso D40-US-SI-NE Inissia Espresso Maker, it’s in our opinion one of the top rated espresso maker available at the moment.
How to make the perfect Espresso with the BELLA 13683 Espresso Maker
Here is a quick guide;
Note: 1 oz of water is needed per shot though more water does help with the pressure.
- Firstly, fill up the carafe with cold water until the two cup ‘line’.
- Now pour into the pressure chamber.
- Next, fill your choice of ground espresso into the basket up until the first line or you can even use the scooper provided (whichever is easier for you).
- Tighten up the basket on the espresso machine.
- Adjust the machine to Brew, you can do this by turning the machine knob in the up direction, once done the light should on (The light can sometimes be bit dim so be sure to look twice).
- Let the pressure heat up so it starts forming steam.
- When the espresso begins to pour, it will not be at the right temperature since the steam becomes hotter the longer the machine is on. Switch the machine to the “Steam Spray”, you can do this by turning the knob down so that the steam temperature and pressure can increase accordingly. (If you are going to be frothing milk then this is the stage for doing that too.
- When the steam is at full heat and pressure, turn the knob back to “Brew” and the espresso will flow out at a perfect temperature, including the “crema stage.” Once the espresso exits the crema stage and starts to look “watery,” turn the machine to the off position.
- You are done brewing espresso, now enjoy!
We hope you have found our BELLA 13683 Espresso Maker Review help and that it’s given you some help in buying your next espresso maker.